Purpose 1: Making Disciples of All Nations (Evangelism)
We are required by the great commission given to us by Christ to bring people to the saving knowledge of the gospel. PIWC will target mostly other nationals, students and professionals. We will render accounts to God on how seriously we fulfilled our mission as Christ’s ambassadors. “…and gave us the ministry of reconciliation”- II Cor. 5.18; Acts 1.8.
- The politics of our environment demands an appropriate strategy. Each member will be challenged to embark on creating friendship and personal relations with the unchurched, with the sole purpose of introducing Christ to them and or inviting them to Church.
- The Church will hold conferences, social events (involving snacks and meals) and prayer summits/festivals with the goal of not only empowering believe but also inviting the unsaved and winning them to Christ.
- Specially designed PIWC invitation cards to be created for distribution. The entire church membership would also engage in Routine Mass Tract Distribution.
- Creating a presence in the community through mass media presentation of God’s word.
*Note:Growing Churches offer multiple programs, multiple services and use every available means to reach every available person. This is called saturation evangelism-Jerry Falwell!
Purpose 2: Teaching Them To Observe All Things(Edify)
It is the Church’s responsibility to develop people to spiritual maturity and edify them to overcome the temptations and trials that life poses to us on a daily basis. Obedience to God’s word and Holy living should drive all forms of teaching (Col. 1.28; Eph 4.1-16)
- Strong emphasis on Sunday Bible Studies (Search The Scriptures). Adequate prayerful preparation of teachers and encouraging maximum participation from members.
- Witness movement to hold teaching sessions for new members and members seeking spiritual growth. Promoting baptism by immersion for all saved people.
Purpose 3: Loving The Lord With All Your Heart (Exalt/Worship)
The Church exists to exalt and worship God! We are mandated to express our LOVE to God through worship. Magnifying His name through worship precedes service. Ps. 34.3; Matt. 4.10
- Motivate members to develop a personal life of daily worship!
- Full Church Choir that is disciplined and committed to the ministry of worship.
- Effective praise and worship that places emphasis on contemporary Christian songs.
Purpose 4: Loving Your Neighbor As Yourself (Encourage/Ministry)
This ministry involved reaching out to others in love and ministering to their needs which may be spiritual, emotional relational and physical. It involves giving “a cup of cold water” in Christ’s name. Eph. 4.12.
- “Love-In-Action” committee and Hospitality Ministry teams will play lead roles in ensuring that people are cared for in the Church as the Lord provides.
- The Committee will work in partnership with Hospital visitation ministry
Purpose 5: Fellowship (Equip)
Spirit-filled fellowship and meetings is an indispensable tool for building up people and giving everyone an opportunity to discover his or her area of ministry. Through strong fellowship people should be guided to maximize their potentials. Our Fellowship should impact our community. Eph. 4.11-13
- Encourage maximum participation in not only Sunday, but week-day services where people would have the opportunity to develop their ministry skills and potentials.
- Build positive relationships with non-church goers and initiate mentor-mentee programs and social activities that carry the potential of increasing church membership.
- Critical Factors Required For Success
- Leadership by example
- Unity and Teamwork
- Personal Prayer and Study of the WORD by leaders. Ensuring that teachings and messages being preached are fresh and well thought out.
- Punctuality and Time Commitments- 9:30a.m For Sunday Morning services and 7.00pm for Weekday Covenant Prayer Hour (Monday Prayer Meetings).